Tuesday, March 28, 2023

I went to adult summer camp last year.

  • I knew I wanted something different from my time off that also fit my budget.
  • When I was a kid, I went to several summer camps, like Girl Scout, cheer, and band camp.
  • I learned that you could have a lot of fun when you don't have your phone near you.

In the summer, I imagined an ideal vacation after months of long workdays: I'd take a trip to Europe and explore different cities. I'd spend days eating and people watching. At night, I'd tag along with other solo travelers, dancing in clubs to music in languages I couldn't understand. 
That wasn't in the budget, but I knew I didn't want to rent an Airbnb on a beach. I wanted something different and memorable. A friend suggested we register for adult summer camp. As a kid, I went to Girl Scout camp, cheer camp, and, yes, even band camp. I thought I'd left my camp days behind me
I went to adult summer camp last year. A blast from the past was just the vacation I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment